Friday, April 6, 2012

Strawberry, banana, chocolate ICE CREAM

I've seen many recipes using frozen bananas to create an "ice cream" treat; since ice cream is one of my favorite treats I decided to give it a try. I started off using my mini food chopper, but halfway through I realized that wasn't going to work and switched to my magic bullet. 


          • 1 frozen banana, chopped             
          • 3 strawberries, chopped
          • 1 tbsp cocoa powder



Blend it all up together




It didn't turn out as ice creamy as I would have liked, so I tried to freeze it, but then it was too hard. Overall, I think it was more of a smoothie like consistency, and not as sweet, but I think if I added a packet of splenda/truvia this could have helped to make it sweeter. I also think next time I will blend the bananas, then fine chop the strawberries and add them in because I like to have little bits of goodness in my ice cream.

Ingredients:

  • 1 banana, frozen
  • 3 strawberries, halved
  • 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
  • 2 Tbsp water
  • 1 packet of sweetener (optional)


Directions:

  • Blend banana, water, cocoa powder, and sweetener until smooth
  • Chop strawberries into small pieces and fold in; if you like little bits of goodness in your ice cream, otherwise blend in with the other ingredients. 

No comments: