Sunday, April 22, 2012

Slimming down and toning up!

The past year and a half I have been working on slimming down, I haven't posted much about this (really, it hasn't been since last may when I posted this), but recently I have been working extra hard and setting more goals. Why? Because I didn't think I could. I used to think that I would never be able to run a mile, lift a weight, or even be active. But then I started, it was a SLOW start, and it took a while for it to pick up, but something clicked and I was off! Now, not only did I reach my initial goal weight, I have surpassed it and am at a HEALTHY weight for my height. WOOHOO!

But how did I get there? It wasn't from fad diets, I didn't starve myself, I didn't do anything except work for it, and it has been hard work at that! But the hard work has paid off and has made me realize more about myself than how great it feels to be healthy! It has shown me that I am determined and committed, I have proven to myself that when I start something, I finish it, and mostly, it has shown me that after all those years of thinking I can't, I really can - and that feels good. 

With all that said I'd like to share a little work out routine that I've been testing out for the past two weeks. It claimed that you can shrink a whole size and 12 pounds by following it. My results weren't as dramatic as that, but I don't have as much to loose anymore. My results were that I lost 6 pounds and fit comfortably into my jeans that were a little snug! For a 2 week work out, I was pretty impressed!! It was from prevention, they have a lot of great work outs that I have followed in the past, but never as closely as I followed this one. 

The work out focuses on  strength and cardio every day. The strength exercises alternate targeting arms and legs each day. The cardio they suggest is 30 minutes of interval walking, however, I varied my work out everyday, some running, some swimming, some elliptical, some walking, but whatever I did I did it for 30 minutes. I went through each strength routine twice, most days I did 10 reps but some days I only did 8. The routine in total took an hour. 

I do count calories, but I didn't stick to their recommended 1600 every day, I like to alternate my calories because I have read doing so is good for your metabalism. I work my calories like this: 1200, 1400, 1600, 1800/2000, 1600, 1400, 1200, this allows me to have a "max out day" and I usually let that fall around Friday or Saturday. Usually my 1600 days are friday and sunday leaving the lower days during the week, since I find I do a much better job at planning my meals during the week when I pack my lunch for work. 

I'm no expert, just your average girl working hard to lose weight. After many years of wishing it would happen I finally realized it won't happen by wishing. Like anything else it comes from hard work. I may not be an expert, but 48 pounds lighter gives me a little credit to say I've found something that works. 


Here's the link for the work out: Prevention
and
Here's the link for my favorite (FREE) calorie counter - there's an awesome app for it too!

2 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

Good for you!

I don't need to lose weight, but I do need to firm up. I just ordered a toning DVD that I have great hope for--great hope in that I know I will work with it and if I do, I will firm up!

skl sypialnie said...

łóżka do sypialni skl
łóżka tapicerowane skl
łóżka metalowe skl
łóżka z pojemnikiem skl
materace ortopedyczne skl
materace koło skl
sypialnie skl
sypialnie waw skl
stelaże skl