Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hello April!

April is a good month. I'm not too sure what makes it good, but it is good. Easter, spring blooms, a few steps closer to summer - all very good things. Did you know that April and July always start on the same day of the week? Just a little fun fact for you!

April also starts the wedding season. I haven't blogged much about my wedding planning and such, and I don't really plan to...mostly because it's not as exciting for you as it is for me, and quite frankly it really isn't that exciting to me. Please don't misunderstand, I'm enjoying the process of wedding planning, and I am SO looking forward to being married, but what is enjoyable to me about the planning process is the time Keith and I spend together deciding how we want to celebrate our day. Those moments together are treasured.

There are so many fun little holidays in April: earth day, arbor day, april fools day...April is also poetry month, and I LOVE poetry. Mostly short, fun poetry; the longer stuff isn't as appealing to my taste buds.

But what I love most about April is Easter. The time spent together as a family remembering and commemorating how we gained our freedom. No matter how many times I hear the story there is something about hearing it again that makes the hairs on my neck stand up and think "wow, THAT was done for me." Tonight at Church we played a word association game and as the pastor started listing different days (Christmas, good Friday, Easter) and asking us to say the first thing that came to mind after hearing the word, he would then whisper "Jesus"; what a good, simple reminder it was for me to not lose sight of what this celebration is all about. In a sense, tonight feels like Christmas eve...the people so many years ago didn't even know what was in store for them tomorrow!

With all of that said here's a big "Happy Easter!" from me to all of you...and a reminder not to forget what this day is all about!

1 comment:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

Earth Day is every day!

My fourth graders each get a tree from the city on Arbor Day.

Easter? He IS risen!

My first fifth anniversary is this month.

My husband turns 60 this month (and we're having a party, don't tell him...)

Tulips, forsythia, daffodils!

Sunshine and showers!

The school year drawing to an end--the next eight weeks fly.

Ahhh, April!