Thursday, March 22, 2012

Jambalaya

Inspired from this recipe, and the desire for something spicy, I whipped up some shrimp-less jambalaya this week. 



I'm not going to post the recipe, because there isn't much I changed. I will say that the recipe says to cook it on low for six hours (or something around that) but I cooked mine for ten since that is how long I am gone and it turned out just fine. 

I shredded the chicken in my kitchenaid mixer at the end, tossed it back in, gave it a stir and served it up! It was a delicious dinner, but I don't think I'll make it again. It used a lot of meat and I didn't feel like it was worth it. Meat is expensive and I like to try and make it last, using one main meat per night and filling up on veggies and sides. 

1 comment:

Maddy said...

very very wonderful food blog
http://googletraveller.blogspot.in