Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cookie Cake

I. Love. Cookie. Cake. 

LOVE IT. 
Did you hear me? I LOVE IT!!!!

I especially love Jewel's cookie cake. I try not to buy it because it's a little pricey, and a lot unhealthy. With that said, recently, I have been craving it like crazy, and the answer to the craving has been NO. So, when Keith requested chocolate chip cookies this weekend, I decided to use half the batter to reinvent the cookie cake I love so much. I changed the recipe up a bit to try and make it more cake-like and it turned out so yummy!

I followed the original Nestle Tollhouse recipe, except I replaced the butter with applesauce. I also cut the recipe in half and it was enough to make a dozen cookies and this cake. 


To get the size and shape, I poured it into a round cake pan and filled it up about 3/4 of an inch. I cooked it for 13 minutes (but kept checking it after 10), until a knife came out clean.


I had read a trick on pinterest that if you whip your frosting from a jar (yes, I know, frosting from a jar is cheating, but I have some left over and need to use it up!)  it doubles. I can't vouch that it doubled, but it definitely seemed like there was more, and it made it easier to decorate with!

 Final product:
YUM!

2 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

Ooh, I didn't know that about the frosting. Thanks!

Sierra DeAngelo said...

Omg I am soo gonna try this! Thanks for the idea & I love your blog:)