Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mini Chicken Pot Pies

There are a thousand things you can do with a crescent roll. Actually, I'm sure there are more than a thousand things you can make with these wonderful things, but I can only think of a thousand (kidding) so I'm sticking with that number.

Chicken pot pie is one of my favorite comfort foods, but the ones you buy in the store are over 600 calories and ridiculously high in sodium; the only time I eat chicken pot pie is when I make it from scratch, which isn't often since it's a bit tedious. 

But then I found this. 

do you see where I'm going with this? 

Initially, I had followed this recipe and wrapped it up in a crescent roll. But let me tell you at the end when it says add only a tablespoon of flour, it means only add a tablespoon! I added more because I didn't think it would thicken up, not thinking about how it would thicken up as it sat! Silly me!

So, when it came out of the oven, it was not as runny as the normal pot pies are...so I ended up heating the soup up and pouring it over the mini pot pies...which lead me to the  idea of just using the soup to make these little tasties! I haven't tried it yet, and I think if I did I would add some chicken to the soup, but I think it would work -- don't you!? 


No comments: