Monday, February 13, 2012

Let the cupcake buffet begin!

Here it finally is, the posts that I have been meaning to write for the past 2 weeks! 

A visit to our favorite neighbor's house quickly turned into a pinterest party, with themed outfits, hairstyles, makeup, and treats! Maggie made a delicious bbq chicken dip that tasted like something you could get at BWW and I made a variety of cupcakes for a cupcake buffet! 

Following this blog post will be the recipes for each kind of cupcake I made...but let's start with the basics.

Cake Batter
For every cupcake I used about 1 cup of vanilla cake batter. I would love to lie to you and tell you I made the batter from scratch, but look at what is peeking out from behind my mixing bowl....it was part of my after Christmas clearance purchases - 50 cents for a box of holiday cake mix because it was holiday funfetti. The best part is the funfetti sprinkles come in a separate package in the box so you can't even tell it's funfetti!


Mix up the cake batter according to directions, or be becky homecky and make your favorite vanilla cake batter from scratch!

Here is a glimpse of what is to come:




No comments: