- 1 cup vanilla cake batter
- 3-5 tbsp cocoa (depending on how chocolatey you like it)
- maraschino cherries
- vanilla frosting
- Mix the cocoa into the vanilla cake mix
- fill muffin cup about 3/4 of the way
- push in cherry
- bake according to cake directions.
[feel free to put 2 cherries in the big ones ;)]
- Once baked, put a ring of vanilla icing around the cherry (this was Keith's idea, and I thought it was so fun!)
- bake with graham crackers crushed on top.
- you'll also notice here that I attempted to use a marble to make heart shaped cupcakes...I wasn't too impressed with how it turned out, but if you don't have a heart shaped pan it is a good alternative!
- I only have a picture of the before, not the after, but for this one I used vanilla cake batter and chocolate icing.