Friday, January 6, 2012

speaking of my wedding...

There hasn't been much posted about my wedding on here since this post about dress shopping. Honestly because it hasn't been on my mind too much; with student teaching last semester, that was my priority!). But I haven't completely forgotten about that big day at the end of this year, and I haven't been completely avoiding everything that is wedding related...although it may seem that way ;)

I'm lucky to have a groom who actually cares about this big day, and because of this I don't see it as my wedding, but our wedding. Therefore, most planning has been done together and I've forgotten to share with most people...oops!

Thanks to pinterest and a little bit of our own personalities, we have a great party planned...but you're not going to get many details until after the day (is the suspense killing you? hehe). Speaking of the day, it's new year's eve, THIS YEAR! It feels so great to say that :)

I'm definitely more of a laid back bride...from the beginning I haven't had much of an opinion and have been open to pretty much anything and any idea. If I liked it I said so, if I didn't I said so. Let me tell you it has made everything (this far) so enjoyable! I found my dress (it is on it's way to me!!!), every so often I think about something and write it down (I have the memory of a fish!), but other than that not a whole lot has been done...I know it's still a ways out and who knows maybe a few weeks before I'll be on here freaking out...but for now, I'm just enjoying it an keeping this as my mantra:


[Couldn't have said it better myself]


2 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

Do know Lisa and Tony from CCC? They got married on NYE a few years back...

:)

Erin Finney said...

I do! I actually attended their wedding (the ceremony, not the reception)...she my small group leader for a bit while in middle school.