Thursday, January 19, 2012

Smoothies for breakfast

I apologize for the lack of blogging this week...but I've been quite busy interviewing and getting a job! I'm back at Chesterbrook Academy (a different location, closer to where I'm living now), the preschool I was at before I started my clinicals and student teaching. 

Now that I will be rushing out quickly in the morning I have been experimenting with different quick and on the go breakfast ideas. This morning, I decided to try a smoothie creation. I've been loving greek yogurt lately, mostly because I love yogurt but also because I have a hard time getting protein in my meals throughout the day and this stuff is PACKED with protein!

This is a simple, simple smoothie. 
I used pomegranate yogurt and blueberries, 
but you can switch it up to whatever flavors you like!

Pomegranate blueberry smoothie:
1 container pomegranate greek yogurt
1/2 cup blueberries
1 cup crushed ice
3 tablespoons water

Put all ingredients in magic bullet and blend in intervals of 10 seconds until smooth. 


Simple and delish! 

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Do you have any tips on finding cheap Greek yogurt?