Thursday, January 12, 2012

Reese's Chocolate Chip Cookies

I was in the mood to bake, but I wanted to do something different, something, fun; it didn't have to be NEW but I wanted it to be unique. So, I asked Keith what treat he would like this week and he said "something with these reese's peanut butter cups in it."
and aha! the reese's chocolate chip cookie was born!

I took about 15 reese's and ran 12 of them through my food chopper (hmm...I wonder what happened to the other 3...)

then I stopped to take a picture of me in my new apron, because I realized I looked pretty cute. 


[warm winter huggies!]

[nom nom nom]

I followed the chocolate chip recipe off the back of the bag of chocolate chips, except I did 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1 cup of crushed reese's 

[YUM!]

I also started a mini fire in the microwave running this through it trying to get my "butter" softened...what's so sad is that I really know better. 


mix up all the ingredients


add in the chocolatey peanut butter mixture


I like to line my pans with foil, for 2 reasons. One, it is less clean up later; two, my pans are a little old and charred, which doesn't mix well on the bottom of a yummy cookie! I think I'll add baking pans to the "things to register for" list. 




scoop them out with a spoon -- I have one of those fancy cookie scooper things but it never works the way I want it to; so I just use a kitchen spoon and my finger!


set the timer -- I LOVE this timer...I got it for Christmas from my brother and his g/f and it is AWESOME! I'm sure they think I'm nuts that this is what I requested, but I am so glad I did! If you don't have one of these dual timers you need one! I know I sound crazy, but it is so nice being able to set my cookies in the oven at different times (as the pans are ready)...and not have to do the math, and accidentally forget about a pan, and end up with a chocolate chocolate chip cookie (do you get the joke? I think I'm funny...you know, because it would be black from being burned...)


anywho..here's a little trick for keeping your cookies soft: as soon as they come out of the oven, cover them with a kitchen towel. It allows them to cool, keeps the moisture in, but doesn't create that watery-moistness that can often be on cookies if you put them right in the cookie jar. 


[shhh the babies are sleeping!]

[YUM!]

[fill that cookie jar and enjoy!]




1 comment:

Habitualmente said...

huuuuum, look delicious. You seem like a great cook! I love your recipes, I'll risk it! hahaha Kisses! =)
mundohabitual.blogspot.com
habitualmente@hotmail.com