Friday, January 20, 2012

Hot Dog Crescent Rolls

I've been pinning away on pinterest and seen so many different uses for these crescent rolls. I got them for back in November to use as a Thanksgiving roll, but for some reason we settled on a different kind of roll after we had already bought these...don't have a clue what I was thinking but oh well! 

So I decided today I was going to use up a roll of them (I have 4 rolls because I bought the costco bulk pack) and had pulled one out of the freezer the other day to let it defrost. 

As I was opening it up today and looking at the directions I realized it said on the package that you're not suppose to freeze them before baking...oops, they still turned out just fine, so while I'm not here to trample pilsbury's sound study that you probably shouldn't freeze these, I am here to say that I froze them and they were just fine. It was a little harder to separate them all when I opened the container, but the taste and quality was still there. 

Ingredients for each roll up:
1 crescent triangle
1 turkey dog link per triangle
1/2 of 1/3 cup shredded cheese (I split 1/3 cup of cheese for every 2 crescent rolls)

Picture directions (scroll to bottom for non picture directions):

Unroll all the crescent rolls & preheat the oven to 375


Put turkey dog links on all the triangles you plan to make
(I only used 4 of the rolls for hot dogs)

measure 1/3 cup shredded cheese 
sprinkle half on 1 triangle, half on another


do this for all the links

then roll 'em up! 

Put them on a greased pan

set the timer for 11 minutes

serve and enjoy! YUM

These were so seriously so delicious! They were warm and cozy, I actually only ate 1 and felt totally satisfied and full.

There are about 275 calories for each one, not bad for a good lunch! Pair it up with a piece of fruit or a veggie and you've got a pretty great meal!

Another variation of this I've been thinking about trying is adding pepper jack cheese instead of cheddar to add a bit of a kick to it. YUM!


Directions:
  • Unroll all the crescent rolls & preheat the oven to 375
  • Put turkey dog links on all the triangles you plan to make
  • (I only used 4 of the rolls for hot dogs)
  • measure 1/3 cup shredded cheese 
  • sprinkle half on 1 triangle, half on another
  • do this for all the links
  • then roll 'em up! 
  • Put them on a greased pan 
  • set the timer for 11 minutes
  • serve and enjoy! YUM



2 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

Everything old IS new again. My mom used to make these for us.

:)

Natalie said...

My mom grew up on these and when she made them the first time, she made the mistake of telling us what they called them.... Weiner wind-ups!
P.S. She always slits the hot dog to fill it with cheese...not sure if it makes a difference.