Sunday, December 4, 2011

Month of Thankful OOPS!

Well, my month of thankful idea was awfully ambitious and a total flop...seeing as I haven't posted in over a month..OOPS! But let me tell you I was definitely thankful for something every day! The past few weeks have been beyond insane.

The first week of November was spent in Florida celebrating the marriage of some great friends. That week I realized how thankful I am for real friends. Friends who are not just takers, but givers. For laughter and for a short but much needed break!

The following week brought my first parent teacher conference experience. It went great, but the days were long! That week I was thankful for my cooperating teacher who throughout this semester, despite all she has going on (and it's a lot!), has taken the time to truly invest in me and help me become a better teacher.

After that was thanksgiving, and boy was I THANKFUL that week! My parents came in town for the week and I was thankful for that. But more so, I am thankful for the family that I am marrying into. They have taken me in and treated me like one of the family. They are fun, easy going, and the perfect balance to my personality.

See, I told you I was thankful every day I just didn't have enough time to stop and share them with you all!

3 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

How did you get a week off for a trip to Florida?

I have a student teacher coming in Jan...eep!

Erin Finney said...

It wasn't a week, I worded that incorrectly...I went for 2 days (Thursday and Friday). Before I told my friend I could be in the wedding I e-mailed the head of the education department and she made an exception based on my attendance (I've never missed a class in the program) and my GPA. Then I had to get my cooperating teacher to approve it, and she didn't have a problem with it. It was a lot of work to get it approved, but it was well worth it!

You'll be a great cooperating teacher! Where is the student from?

Kushuka said...

I'm happy to visit your blog, really hope to become your friends so can view the latest content in your blog,
weight loss smoothie recipes
regards.