Friday, December 2, 2011

Gobble Gobble

For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to host Thanksgiving for 15 people while student teaching. It was indeed a GREAT idea, a lot of fun, and a smidge bit stressful. In the end I just have to say, I am marrying the most supportive, helpful, and compassionate man I have ever met. Throughout the entire thing he encouraged my crazy project ideas, stood beside me (literally) as I was trying to figure things out, and reminded me what Thanksgiving is all about when I tried to be (as he says) way too hard on myself. I sure am thankful for him! Here is a little glimpse of what I managed to capture on Thanksgiving day.


[Magical punch bowl]


[Made from a treat stand turned upside down!]



[designing Cafe menu boards back in the day came in handy!]


[prepping the turkey fryer]

[lookin' good]

[YUM!]

[Here goes the oven one]

[I didn't have anything to hold the wings down,
so I used shish-ka-bob sticks!]


[pumpkin pie cheesecake bites]

[my happy place :)]


[everyone enjoying themselves!]





[celebrating the triplet's birthday!]

[Nicole's adorable pug puppy - Ruffles!]

[Ruffles is going in for some cake!]

What you miss out on enjoying are some of the FUN things that I created for the day:

1. a cheese and sausage pumpkin, similar to this: 
Although mine wasn't a turkey, the sticks were just shoved into a pumpkin!

2. Paint chip napkin and silverware holder - can we say amazing?? Please, say it with me...A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! It was so nice to have, we set everything up buffet style so these were easy to grab and not have to worry about fumbling around with the silverware.

3. The piles of food we had out for everyone to enjoy.

4. My cute fall table cloths Keith helped me pick out from Kohl's (and by helped I mean picked out because I'm far too indecisive for decisions like this!)

5. The finished product of my homemade cupcake stand:
(more to come on this later)

6. The laughter, love, and excitement for everyone who was there!

What a great day! Will I do it again next year? Absolutely!

No comments: