Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Eve Eve

Keith got home from work at 4 and said "want to go to see the zoo lights tonight?" and off we went. Yep, that's how planned and organized we are! On the way, we decided to call one of "my girls"* and see if she wanted to join us (another point added to our great planning). She said yes, we picked her up and off we went! 


*side note, my girls are the girls that I used to be a small group leader for through their middle school years that I still stay in contact with and while they are my friends, they are still MY girls!*

[I'm in LOVE with this picture - I think we both just look so beautiful!]

[loving our winter gear :)]

[Keith treated "his girls" to Starbucks, isn't he so sweet?]

[I joked that these penguins reminded me of 3 of my girls, who I often called the 3 musketeers...yeah I don't expect you to get it, but it makes me laugh!]

[walkway through the zoo]

[ready, set....]


[WEEEEE!!]


[the Monkey's tree, note the bananas hehe]

[Thanks ComEd!!]

2 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

Did you see my post about Brookfield Zoo's Holiday Magic?

Fun times, but disorienting.

I think if I do it next year, I'll take Brad to Lincoln Park Zoo where it is smaller. Just the right size.

(He can't walk a lot due to his back disease.)

Fun times, and yep, you look beautiful in the photo!

Erin Finney said...

I looked at your blog yesterday and did see it; I went to Brookfield's lights one year and it was too busy for my liking. I like the smallness of Lincoln park, there is just enough to see without feeling too overwhelmed (or in Brad's case without feeling too much pain!).

I would recommend it, there were some neat displays to stand and watch as well as some simple lights to walk by and admire. Just the right mix, but not many animals!