Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fake apple pie

I have to do something with all those apples I have...so I started with this: 

Fake apple pie

For each medium apple you will need:
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp all purpose flour
1/4 tsp powdered cinnamon 
Mix the ingredients and sprinkle over the reserved apple pulp. Toss with a spoon and fill the apple bowls. 




 I used a stemless wine glass to roll the dough and cut a circle for the top of the "pie"


 I used my food processor's pie crust recipe to make this dough, you can also use pre-made or any other variation of pie crust you choose. 



 bake at 400F for about 15 or so minutes (until the pie crust is brown)



Don't expect it to taste like apple pie...it does in it's own way, but since it isn't completely in pie dough it doesn't have the same taste...It is however tasty if you are looking for a healthier treat (note: not healthy, just healthier ;) ) Keith didn't care for it, which I somewhat anticipated (as it is healthier) but I enjoyed it! I also think it would have been better if I had put cinnamon in the apple before adding the filling inside, just to give the apple a little extra flavor.

1 comment:

WordSovereignty said...

This is nice. How does it taste?