Monday, October 10, 2011

Apple picking

Sunday brought a beautiful (yet a little too warm for my autumn liking) sunny day! After church in the morning we met up with our friends Mary and Matt for some apple picking! I have never been apple picking before, so I was beyond excited...plus I hadn't seen my Mary (as Keith calls her ;)) in forever! We had a lot of fun, and as usual, many, many, stomach hurting laughs! We went to Jonamac Apple Orchard which was wonderful, well organized and not too busy (considering it was the weekend). It's actually only about 15-20 minutes away from Keith, which is why we went there, but it was exactly what we were looking for! 

[Keith picked the first one!]

[Deciding which ones we want to pick]

[Matt going in for the goods]

[Yeah, it was hot...I was not too thrilled about that]

[I was the official wagon puller]

[Mary climbing Matt...]

[Almost there!]

[Human Apple Picker!!!]


[Can you see them?]

[There they are! They got one!]

[We all decided this one looked like an elephant tuckas 
(it still tasted good though!)]

After walking for a while the comment of engagement pictures came up. Now, I am not a big fan of the engagement pictures...I really do not see the point of them. I think pictures of the actual engagement are wonderful, pictures of the wedding are great, but I am just not a huge fan of the posed picture. I would much rather use the money to go do activities and take pictures of those memories! Mary wasn't too happy about this (which is truly why I love her, she sees the purpose in fun things, like this, that I tend to over-think!) so I told her we could take a few...and had Matt snap a few shots of us "celebrating our engagement."

[Yep, there's the ring...can you see it glisten in the sun?]

[I even thought of a cutesy cheesy line for this picture ---
"We work well together" 
get it, because we are pulling the wagon together? 
(insert awws here)]


[covering up his stain -- classy]

[covering up the stain will a view of the ring -- innovative!]

[waiting for our donuts -- YUM!]

[the 4 of us, I really love this picture and plan to frame it!]

[a little pumpkin picking...hehe]

[our loot at the end of the day!]


1 comment:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

I love HOT fall days!

It will be cool, no COLD, soon enough. brrr...