Friday, June 17, 2011

Enaged :)

After 1 year, 7 months, and 3 days we are officially ENGAGED! And here is the play-by-play you have been waiting for....

Friday I had a babysitting job all day...4 children from 8am to 7pm...so needless to say by the end of the day I was EXHAUSTED! We had dinner reservations at 7:45 so I rushed home after to quickly change and get ready, Keith arrived and away we went...

But let's back track a few days to planning dinner. Our good friend, Dave, has recently found himself a new woman and he asked if we could have a double date, so we planned it for Friday. A few days later I got a text asking me to bring my camera because he was interested in purchasing one for himself (hmmm...) so I said sure and made sure to bring it with.

Friday: Like I said, I was exhausted, had not eaten a substantial meal all day and all I wanted to do was stuff my face. By the way, when I'm tired and hungry I'm C-R-A-N-K-Y. I don't know about any of you, but I need my sleep and I need my food! So we got there and I was trying to be "fun Erin" because this is my first impression on this girl after all....So we get an appetizer, order dinner and start to dig into the first course. When we were about finished Dave asks if he can see my camera, so I pull it out to let him play around with it. He then proceeds to ask the server to take a picture of all four of us, at this point I'm super excited because I love having pictures of activities...for the scrapbook!


 [Keith's sign he was ready ;)]

[Here we all are, everyone knows, except me!]

 [Looks like I'm ready too!]



Keith then asks the server if he would take a picture of the 2 of us, I thought this was a little weird because Dave could have used this as a chance to play with the camera, but oh well here we go. Well then, all of a sudden, Keith is turning his head towards my cheek and I think to myself "is he seriously going to take one of those stupid kissing pictures right now? In all our time dating he hasn't done that and he chooses NOW to do it?? What is wrong with him?!?" so I start squirming my head away from him saying "what, stop, what are you doing??" and he finally grabs my head (gently, don't worry) and whispers in my ear "are you ready to spend the rest of your life with me? (at this point, I still don't know what's going on) and I reply "uhm, yeah?" and then BAM, he's down on one knee with a ring in his hand saying "will you marry me?" my response - "OF COURSE!" One glance of the ring brings out a "SERIOUSLY!?" because I was shocked that it was the exact ring I picked out, and then begins the hugging, kissing, lovey-dovey mushy gushy stuff :)


 [Holy cow, it was the EXACT one I picked out!]

[admiring the ring]

[shocked still!]

[had to regain composure...]

[finally managed to...]


[And there is the kissy picture...haha]

[lots, and lots, and lots of hugging....]

[LOTS, seriously, like 15 pictures...]

[and another smooch!]

[I love this one, because Keith looks SO happy!]

So there you have it, the story of the night...I am still so beyond happy, I feel like I'm living in a fantasy world, I get to spend the rest of my life with my absolute best friend :)

6 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

Remember, a cord of three strands is not easily broken. Ecclesiastes 4:12

Barb said...

Bless your heart. I am so happy for you. I love the comment Ellen Stewart made. It is so true. And Ecclesiastes just happens to be one of my favorites.

Erin Finney said...

Thanks ladies!

Ellen, we are definitely working on building our 3 strands...finally found a church that we really like! We had been at one that was so-so for about 3 months, but just didn't feel like it was where we belonged, so we are onto another and I think this may just be the perfect fit.

Magacha said...

Congrax :D

webdesign said...

congrats and happy married life :-)
=================
web design

Svo said...

Aww that's so sweet! Congratulations - that was a lovely post ^_^