Sunday, June 5, 2011

Certified Car Seat Technician!

Now that I have time and the energy to update on what I was doing I realize it really wouldn't have taken me that long to tell you what I was up to for the past few days...I more so have been met with a bit of sarcastic remarks in regards to what it was, so I was apprehensive to say anything.

Sophomore year of college I was in a child development class where my teacher had mentioned something about having her car seat installed my a certified technician, this intrigued me. So, for the past 3 years I've been checking out the safe kids website to see when and where these classes were offered. They were always offered far away, and anytime they were offered somewhat close I chickened out and didn't sign up. But finally, with a little (positive) pressure from Keith, I decided to sign up for one in Orland Park. It was a condensed class (3 days instead of the normal 4-5) and I am SO glad that I did. It's another thing that I can slap on my resume to set me apart from the crowd. Who knows if it will pay off in the end, but it was a super fun class, well worth the time, and definitely something that I'm going to keep up with.

The sarcastic remarks really don't mean much to me, because people who think it's really all that easy don't realize that I am not just trained to put in A car seat in A car, but to put any type of car seat in any type of car. I was trained in all sorts of scenarios, and the proper use of seats. I know some people (most people, really) think/thought it was a waste of my time, but I'm happy that I did it, I had a great time, and I learned a lot. So that's all that matters to me!

1 comment:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

Some of your friends need to be kinder than their words would imply.