Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thoughts for this thrilling Thursday!

Today is a really, really, good day!

Thrilling thought number 1: I think I deserve a bonus (*cough* mom and dad) for perfect results....



Straight A's for the second semester in a row! Woohoo! I realize to some this might not be a big deal, but before last semester, I had never gotten straight A's before (Always had a B or C in there somewhere)! Yay me!

Thrilling thought 2: I know I blogged about this the other day, but today was my "official" weigh-in which confirmed that I have lost a solid 20 pounds, and a little over 12 inches off my body! Woohoo! GO ME!

Thrilling thought 3: Going to bed at 9:30 and getting up at 5am is wonderful! I feel great having gotten a good night's rest; however, I don't think I will make a habit of it.

Thrilling thought 4: I leave for vacation tomorrow, to celebrate with my family the marriage of my cousin, Mark and his wonderful fiancee, Leah. After many years of being endlessly teased by my brother and 3 cousins, I'm happy to say that we all gladly get along...or I've just learned to dish back what they serve out, and that has been a rude awakening for them. So it will be a fun time for all. Aside from that, I'm excited to be pulling my Keithers away from his beloved work for 5.5 days (although I'm sure he will sneak some in there somehow - would it have been cruel to request an internet-free beach house? Yes, it would have, that's why I didn't). BUT Mostly, I'm excited to see my Dad and Mom, whom I haven't seen since Christmas!! Woohoo vacation!

I will be leaving this: 



To enjoy this:

Not sure which is the better of the 2...at least we have a wonderful beach house!! (Sunday is the wedding...and it's outside...please pray for sunny weather!)


Thrilling thought 5: I've been wrestling with right and wrong, and as I wrote what I did above, I questioned myself "Is it wrong that I dish out what they serve out?" I'm slowly learning that no matter what you teach (not just as a teacher, but a parent, friend, girlfriend, etc.) must be what you say. Goes back to the old "practice what you preach" or "you can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?'