Saturday, May 7, 2011

Stuffed Green Peppers - YUM!

Well, I couldn't find a recipe that sounded perfect, so I searched around a few websites to get an idea of what I should put in them, and how long I should bake them for, and then created my own recipe. If I were to do it again, I would add an onion (I thought I had one at home, so didn't get one at the store - oops!).

Ingredients
6 green peppers (you can use any color you'd like, I suggest getting them from Aldi, as they have them for the best price!)
1 package ground turkey
1 tbsp italian seasoning
1 tbsp red pepper flakes (if you like spice, leave it out if you don't)
**1 onion, chopped** (not shown in recipe, but I recommend adding, for flavor and texture!
2 cans diced tomoatoes
4 cups shredded cheese, divided (that's just a fancy word for you will use 3 cups mixed in, and 1 cup to sprinkle on top)

Directions
1. Cut peppers in half length-wise and pit out seeds

**note - I did not put foil on my pan, but I would recommend this as the juices leaked and it was a messy mess to clean up after!**

2. Brown turkey
3. Mix browned turkey, tomatoes, seasonings, 3 cups of cheese and onion in a bowl

4. Spoon into peppers
5. Put in at 400 degrees fahrenheit for 40-50 minutes, green peppers should be soft and look slightly wrinkled.


6. Sprinkle cheese on the last 5 minutes or so, until it is melted

7. Enjoy!



2 comments:

halloweencouple said...

looks yummy, will have to try your recipe when our green peppers finishing growing :)

Erin Finney said...

Thanks! How fun, I wish I could garden! Of all the skills I do have, I do NOT have a green thumb (yet)!

Let me know how they turn out!