Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pork wraps

It all started with these.....

Keith ordered me these for administrative professionals day, since he considers me his administrative assistant (which I practically am!). They arrived yesterday, and I was very excited to try them out!!

[$5 for all three! Why? Because they were 2009 edition....
2011 edition is running around $18 each!) 

So then we play this game, where Keith tells me a page number, I turn there and that's what we eat for dinner. He chose page 128, and it was pasta...I'm not a big pasta person (spent 2 years of college eating only pasta) so we went to page 129 and it was Cilantro-Lime Pork Roll Ups with Caramelized Onions - YUM!


We had a parmesan pork tenderloin in the freezer, so I pulled that out to defrost. Since it was already marinaded, I didn't do the first half, the cilantro-lime marinade part, so I guess these were actually parmesan pork roll ups with caramelized onions. I also used black beans instead of refried...but those were the only changes I made! 


 [keith's appetizer]

 [sliced 2 small onions, put with about a tbsp. oil and some crushed red pepper]

 [pork tenderloin]

[cut the tenderloin in to smallish size cubes]

Once the pork was cut up, I added it in with the onions and let it cook]

[While it was cooking I rinsed the black beans]

[Once finished cooking, I mixed the onions, pork and beans together in a bowl]

[I put a spoonful of the mixture down and then sprinkled cheese on top]

[rolled, placed seams down in a greased 13x9 pan]

[put in 375 degree oven and baked for 15 minutes -
I had enough for 9, but could have stretched it to fill 10...
2 of my roll ups didn't fit in the 13x9 pan, 
so I just used a glass bread pan I had for the remaining 2]

[served with chips, salsa, and sour cream]

[SO good! I really only ended up eating 1, so that I could have room for dessert later!]

[my critic gives it a big thumbs up!]

And I topped it off with dessert: 

[angel food cake, ice cream, raspberries, and hot fudge!]


Total time from prep to cook was about 30 minutes. I love when new recipes work out! Thanks administrative professionals day, and thanks to my boss and best friend, Keith! 

No comments: