Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Is it really that hard?

The excuse I usually hear when I arrive on the weekends to Keith's house as to why the dirty dishes weren't in the dishwasher is because they "didn't know if the dishes were clean or dirty."

Pathetic, I am well, well, well aware, but we are dealing with 2 grown men here, what did you expect??? Okay, maybe that was a little harsh, and should clarify here that I really don't MIND cleaning the dishes or putting them away. My problem is, it's just a little hard to keep up with Keith's house, my house, and all the other responsibilities my life entails. 

Okay, done complaining! I came up with a fool-proof system to help these boys along! We have refrigerator magnets that I placed on the dishwasher with the words "dirty and clean"


I then found this little chef lego guy magnet on the fridge and put him next to the word which describes the dishwasher - brilliant, I know! I will use this when I have children, but for now, I just have 2 big boys to take care of!

5 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

I'm sure that's going to make ALL the difference. And yes, I'm being sarcastic...

;)

Erin Finney said...

Haha! At this point I'm willing to try anything!

Thug Misses said...

I am pretty sure they will ignore it! and in the end it will just make u more angry and irritated. the only way i get my husband to help around the house is b1tching and complaining about it enough and he only ends up doing it so i'll shut up. there, i finally admitted it. good luck tho! =)

Erin Finney said...

It worked for the most part...the dishwasher did not get turned on, but all the dishes made it IN to the dishwasher!!! We are making progress!!

Erin Finney said...

do you know what's funny? While browsing Home Made Simple's website I found this --

http://www.homemadesimple.com/en-US/HomeOrganization/Pages/do-it-yourself-dishwasher-magnet.aspx