Monday, May 9, 2011

"How are you not fat?"

My friend, Ellen, questioned on one of my last blog posts how I was not fat after eating a delicious delicacy of cookies and ice cream...which lead me to decide that I could brag a little bit about how diligently I have been working to be healthier and lose some weight. 

Last November/December I was at my heaviest weight in years and I was ready for a change, really I was just ready to get active again. So I started my journey to figure out what I wanted to do and how I wanted to change. I joined curves for women and it really, truly changed my life. I met a group of women who are supportive, encouraging, fun, and caring; and it has encouraged me to stay motivated and committed to my goals. 

Last December I set a goal that by this weekend I would be 20 pounds lighter. A big gamble, but one I knew I could achieve. So, without further ado here are the before and after pictures. 

  
Before:




After
 [February- I included this one because I'm wearing the same as above]

[Easter Weekend, about 2 weeks ago and successfully at my goal weight!]

After the wedding this weekend I will return to set a new goal and hopefully be to my total goal weight before I start my student teaching. 20 pounds down, 15 more to go! Thankfully, summer brings outdoor activities, lovely bike rides, and swimming - lots and lots of swimming!! 

So here is to eating chocolate chip cookies with ice cream, and not being fat!

3 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

Aha, there's the answer. Thank you!

And good, good job!

Natalie said...

So proud of you! :)

Erin Finney said...

Thank you both!