Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

2 years ago my parents moved approximately 1,000 miles away. Have I ever mentioned they bought their house the day after my 21st birthday? Yep, they sure did! While they have never admitted it, I don't doubt they waited until the day after so I wouldn't hold over their head that they purchased it ON my birthday; instead, I just hold it against them that they waited until I turned 21 and then abandoned me. 

While I joke around with them about their "abandonment," I (and they) can't help but know my jokes come from a good heart, because, in all seriousness I really do miss them...quite a bit, as a matter of fact. 

And while I am SO thankful they are still here on Earth with me, there are very few days that pass where I don't miss them being HERE, in my town, in that old, 70's style home, on Thornapple Dr., where I grew up, first laughed, learned to walk, ride my bike (on Father's day), met my (still) best friend, navigated through school, and grew from thinking my parents where heros, to thinking I knew it all, and making my way back to knowing how wonderful they truly are.

Don't be mistaken, it's wonderful to have a warm vacation spot to visit...and I have enjoyed my many new adventures to Texas, however, I wish if they had to move they were more of a 3 hour car ride, as opposed to a 3 hour plane ride. 

As of right now there are 5 days until I will see my parents for the first time since Christmas! I am beyond excited to spend next week in South Carolina with my family, celebrating my cousin's wedding, and enjoying each other's company. 

So, happy Mother's day, Mom....even though you drive me nuts sometimes, I really do love you and am thankful for everything you are to me! 

xoxoxoxo
 [Mom and I at Houston's Rodeo, springbreak 2010]


[Mom with her Christmas present (2010) from me...
now, she can have coffee with me every morning!]

3 comments:

laura said...

Erin I am so proud you are my baby girl. I remember the day I brought Scott, then you home from the cabbage patch!! I was honored then and so thrilled to have my 2 babies. Even though we don't live very close. I will always have you with me in my heart!!!
Just a ps... Our house was built in '85. I was still in school in the 70's and still in Canada and not yet married. Lol

Erin Finney said...

I didn't say it was built in the 70's, silly! I said it was a 70's style home! As in..the wood paneling, the exposed beams, etc....

Natalie said...

Yay for best friends!
...wait, you never told me you came from a Cabbage Patch!