Saturday, May 21, 2011

"go to" flats


These have become my absolute favorite "go to" flats. 

I had been looking for black flats for a while, but couldn't stand the thought of simple, plain black shoes...I needed something more, something with a little twist (no pun intended). Then, one day, I came across these while perusing through target's clearance section (I don't buy anything full price, well, I buy at least 90% of anything I purchase on clearance) for $10!

I have BIG feet. No, really, I do. I used to be very insecure about my BIG feet, but I now proudly embrace my size 11 wide feet! However, embracing them has not made finding shoes that fit any less of a challenge, especially ones on clearance. So, when I came across these $10 beauties, I had to get them.

But, like most of my newly purchased shoes, I brought them home and they sat on my shoe rack, for about a month, in fact. Until, that one brave day when I decided to wear them, and from that day forward they have been my "go to" flats.

I can wear these babies with almost any outfit, which to me is important. They're professional and comfortable enough to wear for teaching, they're cute enough to wear out on a date, and they're casual enough to wear with a pair of jeans and a simple t-shirt (my usual weekend look).

I love these shoes, so, today when Keith and I had a bunch of errands to run, including, the Naperville recycling drop off center, new bbq restaurant (will blog about later), once upon a child (don't ask, don't be concerned either), plato's closet, Habitat Restore, Walgreens, Costco, and Jewel, I definitely went for these! Comfortable and stylish, they pulled me through my busy day!


4 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

Why not a photo of them on your feet that are so big I haven't ever even noticed their hugeness?

Erin Finney said...

I finally realized it was really just "all in my head" (a phrase Keith often tells me when i'm being slightly over dramatic about things) and that they really aren't that big - probably why they've never looked that big!

It was never really the size that I was so insecure about as the shape. I have flat feet, which causes them to look extra wide, and have weird curves on the side...but after a while, I realized it really is just all in my head!

Anonymous said...

It's all in your head!

DaenelT said...

Very cute! So glad you posted these because I have a similar pair that have been sitting on my shoe rack for about a year because I wasn't sure what to wear them with ~ jeans, skirts, etc. but I really liked them.

Also my 17~year~old daughter wears a size 12 so I completely understand the whole shoe shopping thing. She buys most of her shoes from Charlotte Russe and Target.

Thanks for linking up.