Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cinnamon Apple Bread

So I go through these phases, where I like a certain food so I stock up on it, and then I have too much of it and I don't know what to do with it all. This happened to me with apples this week, so Keith requested I make Apple Cinnamon Bread.

I scoured the internet for the perfect recipe, and I came across one on my favorite recipe website: Allrecipes.

Ingredients


3 cups all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons cinnamon

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup vegetable oil -- I used applesauce instead!

2 cups sugar

2 eggs, beaten

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups apples - peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped

1 cup broken walnuts -- I did not use these (yuck!)


  • Directions
- Preheat oven to 350
- Dice apples into small pieces

- In bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.

- In large mixing bowl, place oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla and apples.
- Stir into flour mixture. Add walnuts and mix.
- Divide mixture between two greased 8-in. x 4-in. bread pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until bread test done. Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack before removing from pan.





Now I used these new silicone pans to bake the bread in and I think it caused the bread to not bake as fast...it took my bread almost an hour and fifteen minutes to completely bake!!

I also sprinkled cut up apples and cinnamon on top of the bread, which made it look pretty and add a little more flavor to it as well! I also replaced the vegetable oil with applesauce, to make it healthier and have more of an apple flavor to it.

Turned out quite tasty, according to my roommate, classmates, and boyfriend. Woohoo for another successful treat!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Thanks for showing me what it looks like to set the oven to 350!

Erin Finney said...

for the visual learner ;)