Wednesday, March 16, 2011

White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake

I can't believe I haven't blogged about this one yet!!!

I made this one a while ago (as in like, November maybe?) Keith and I were walking through Jewel getting some groceries and we came across this recipe in one of those flyer things in one of the aisles. It looked good and sounded ok, so we figured we would give it a shot! Let me tell you, it was phenomenal! And SO easy to make!!

What You Need
4 squares Baker's white chocolate, melted
1 pkg. (8 oz.) philadelphia cream cheese, softened
1 pkg. (3.4 oz) Jell-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
2 cups thawed cool whip topping, divided ---- divided is just a fancy term for split in half because you're going to use half now and half later.
1 pkg. (10.5 oz) frozen prepared pound cake, partially thawed, cut into 30 thin slices. ---- I couldn't find this frozen so I just got it from the bakery, although I'm sure you could also make it from scratch.
1/4 cup raspberry jam, warmed
1/2 cup fresh raspberries

How to Make it
- Beat the melted chocolate and cream cheese with mixer until blended.
- Gradually beat in milk.
- Add dry pudding mix; beat until well blended
- Whisk in 1 cup of cool whip (here's the first part of that fancy "divided" term)
- Arrange the cake slices on the bottom of a 9-inch round pan lined with plastic wrap --- I used a spring form pan so I didn't do the plastic wrap and while the recipe says to use 10 cake slices, I just used however many I needed to cover the layer.
- Spread jam overtop of the layer and the pudding mixture over that. ---- to make this step easier I just mixed the jam in with my pudding mixture and spread it all on together.
- End with the remaining cake on top
- Refrigerate for 3 hours ---- If you put the saran in you can flip it and cover it with the rest of the cool whip, but I just left mine in the pan and covered it with the rest of the cool whip and raspberries, then put it in the fridge for 3 hours.

Absolutely DELISH!!!!!