Sunday, November 14, 2010

A year and a day

To celebrate our one year anniversary we spent Sunday over in the Arlington Heights/Schaumburg area partaking in a few fabulous activities. The first one we headed to was The Great American Cooking Expo we originally heard about it through Groupon, an awesome coupon website, and since I prefer activities to dinners we figured we would check it out...after all, for a day there it was only ten dollars each...plus 2 dollars each for drink wristbands...and 6 dollars for parking...and a few hundred for the cutco knives Keith bought me (far more romantic than flowers, in my opinion).

The event was fun, we didn't see many cooking demonstrations but there were lots of beer and wine samplings and cheese (my favorite!) and then there was cutco. I love cutco. I love cutco like I love my kitchenaid mixer, because with it, I can cook or bake anything. I think the quality of the knives compared with the dedication of the people who work for them create one of the best knife companies I've ever come across. So today, we received a special deal - buy 3 pieces get the fourth free - and so I was able to add to my cutco selection :)



After the cooking expo we headed to IKEA to pick up a flooring sample Keith needed...and then to California Pizza Kitchen for a late lunch (we had a gift card too!). After that we walked around Woodfield mall for a little window shopping and then headed back to his house so I could work on some homework, blog and watch the Blackhawks game.

What a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, super good day :).

No comments: