Saturday, October 16, 2010

Shedd Adventures


[our classic shedd picture :)]

This weekend I had Nicole for the night from Saturday to Sunday; since we hadn't been to the shedd in a while I figured I would utilize that membership and go down to the city for the day! The thing I love about it being just the two of us is that I don't feel obligated to any adults who tend to get much more fussy over the chaos at the shedd than kids do. It actually wasn't that busy there Saturday and we even had front row seats for the fantasea show!

[she wanted to take a picture of the two of us :)]


[then i offered to take one - so we could both be in it lol]

[she loved taking pictures on rocks lol]

[the beluga! one day, I'm going to get to swim with them :)]

[just playin']

[climbing on the rocks again]

it was Hawaii day or something at the shedd; they had real leis and authentic Hawaiian musicians there - was pretty cool to see!

[the penguin got to wear my lei for this picture!]

[penguins!]

[the ultimate sensory table!]

[playing with barnacles]

[you know how I know I have influenced this child?
her constant "Erin, take a picture!" haha]

The best part about having the membership and it just being the two of us is that we can leave whenever we want. We had been there for about three hours when Nicca looked up at me and said "okay, I'm ready to go home." and with that, we left! No hassles no worrying about anyone else, just the two of us. What a great Saturday we had.


After we got back I decided to make us our tutus...mine is for halloween, her tutu is just for fun!
[LOVE this one!]

[turned out much better than expected]

[my attempted at a timed camera shot lol]



what a spectacular weekend :) - stay tuned for more news on the tutu!

2 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e) said...

I. Love. Penguins.

Erin Finney said...

That's awesome! Those beluga whales have really grown on me lately.