Sunday, October 24, 2010

Carving pumpkins!

originally we had talked about stopping at a pumpkin patch on our way home from St. Louis....however, we were tired and I really had to go potty, so we stopped in Peru, IL at what we called the Wal-Mart pumpkin patch and picked out some pumpkins!

[our pumpkins]


[my template]

[keith's template]

[inside - the ooey gooey mess :)]

[my finished pumpkin!]

[keith's finished pumpkin!]

Seeing as this was my first time ever carving pumpkins I'm pretty impressed with how mine turned out!! Keith's makes me laugh because it looks like a face he would make when he's really happy....like in that picture with the ice chicks...haha!

[the finished products together :)]

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Hi I am from Australia - my friends and I have been complaining about the invasion of Halloween into Australian culture - becuase we didn't used to do it. Over the last 5-10 years kids have begun knocking on doors and asking for lollies (candy)some don't even bother getting dressed up... but this part of halloween looks cool!

Erin Finney said...

This is my favorite part of halloween, next to the dressing up part that is! I can't believe they don't even dress up - that's the main part of the holiday! It's really supposed to be a night for people who believe in witch craft but we've pretty much stomped on the real meaning of it and created it into a marketable holiday for stores to make money on costumes and candy! lol

Thanks for visiting my blog!!