Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy Birthday to me :)

Today is the launch of my birthday month! I love my birthday, mostly because - as conceited as it sounds - I love me, and learning to love yourself, flaws and all, is one of the most challenging things I believe people struggle to do.

When I celebrate my birthday it's not necessarily about being born on a certain day, but it's a celebration of the person that I have worked to become year after year. And every year that I get a little older, I learn a little bit more about myself and become a little bit more of the person that I want to be.

This year Keith jumped on board my birthday month celebration and started celebrating with me in August when he ordered me 2 presents...and 2 things that I have wanted for a while now!!


[cutco knives!]

[and my favorite -- an industrial sized
kitchenaid mixer! Yep, that's right,
I can make 13 dozen cookies in one bowl!!!]

If that wasn't enough, he had edible creations sent to me at work that day too! Such a fantastic alternative to flowers!!
[Notice the 22 carved in the pineapple!]


To finish the celebration of my actual birthday, Keith treated Natalie and I to Cheesecake Factory! It was SOOO Yummy!!!

[My big goofball :)]
[My best friend of 19 years!!]

[Happy birthday to me! What a fantastic birthday day!!]

No comments: