Monday, August 3, 2009

Learning about me.

Since last Tuesday I have been on vacation, I first headed to Knoxville, Tennessee via Nashville to visit my best friend and brother, Scott :) We spent a lot of time hiking in the Smoky's and doing one of our shared favorite interests: taking pictures! It was absolutely gorgeous, definitely a good hike (my first real hike and my first time on a real mountain!) And the hard work made the end result so much more worth it!!!

This picture here is of my brother and I before the hike....
and here we are after we reached the waterfall....it was breathtaking!!!
Well this week I am up in Canada visiting my family (a fun little fact about me:I am Canadian, I actually have dual citizenship because I was born in the states but every single person in the rest of my immediate and extended family was born in Canada). This has been one of the most relaxing and rejuvenating vacations I have been on! It's been so great to just relax and enjoy the beauty of what God has given to me to enjoy.

This is a picture of me with the lake which my uncle's cottage sits on in the background....
One of my favorite ways to spend my vacations, well really my life, is outside. I'm a total outdoorsy girl! I love REAL camping (like in a tent) and swimming in the lake. Don't get me wrong, I love a good hotel and resort as much as the next person, but there's something so peaceful and homey to me about the smell of the woods.

While my brother and I were driving from Knoxville to Muskoka (where the cottage is located in Canada) we passed through many different cities and I saw many different skylines....Now don't get me wrong I LOVE the country - actually I really tend to enjoy anywhere I am and learn to adapt to my surroundings very well; however, every time I see a skyline I swear my heart skips a beat.

So in this year which has been dedicated to learning about who I am, taking risks and truly living life, I have learned that there is something about the city that holds a very special place in my heart. The pace, the smell, the people, the attitudes, the beauty that each building holds within it's architecture and the story behind it all. Each city has it's own story of how it began and I find that so fascinating and exciting to learn

So while I will always LOVE the outdoors and the beauty of nature, the city will always be held near and dear to my heart.